EF Education First (EF) is the world’s leading international education company which focuses on language, academics, and cultural experience. Established in 1965 with a mission to open the world through education, EF (www.ef.com) has more than 500 schools and offices worldwide. Thousands of companies and millions of students have learned a new language or traveled abroad with EF. EF has been selected as the official supplier of language training services for Beijing 2008 Olympics, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and Rio 2016 Olympics. Each year, EF publishes the English Proficiency Index (www.ef.com/epi) measuring the English ability of adults in countries across the world.
The regional trainer is responsible, on an individual and team basis, for providing EF products and relevant employees with a variety of services that enable trainees to reach their developmental needs and objectives. These services should motivate staff to stay in the organization. The regional trainer also actively collaborates with regional and in-center staff in order to provide positive learning experiences for trainees.
• Coordinates, develops and delivers in-center, regional and national trainings, online and offline as required; Acts as a role model in delivering engaging and effective training.
• Manages onboarding training from pre-service to current service ensuring onboarding objectives are met, i.e. Encourage teachers to stay in EF (i.e. not leave the company) and equip teachers with skills to ensure they pass probation.
• Delivers externally accredited courses, including the Trinity CertTESOL and Trinity DipTESOL and trains experienced and qualified staff in the region to assist with the delivery of these.
• Actively collaborates with staff in the region, including CEMs, DoSs, PMs, REMs, Visa Officers, etc.
• Leads In-Center Trainers, Teacher Ambassadors and other qualified staff to increase teachers’ access to training and development.
• Identifies and develops talent by mentoring trainees who have the relevant skills, competencies and commitment.
• Engages new teachers pre-arrival using mobile technology to encourage socialization and to deliver information and resources related to living in China and working at EF.
• Assesses teachers’ suitability to undertake training courses such as the Trinity CertTESOL, DipTESOL, etc. and advises accordingly.
• Solicits feedback from trainees through surveys and from teachers on their overall experience at EF through regular focus groups.
• Provides developmental feedback, actively encourages reflective practice in any required observation and follows up on progress.
• Seeks out opportunities to self-develop (e.g. though training courses, reflective practice, research, attending/presenting at conferences).
• Stays up to date with new learning methodologies, incorporates these into practice where appropriate and shares resources and best practices.
• Keeps managers informed about trainees’ progress.
• Motivates trainees to develop through training, observation, team teaching, journaling and other developmental activities.
• Prioritizes and plans for efficient implementation of work load and considers the needs of EF products and potential return on investment before embarking on projects.
• Bachelor degree or above
• DipTESOL (65%+ on practical teaching component) / DELTA (Merit+ on practical teaching component)
• C1 level English
Last day to apply
April 30, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to: Allen Nazari