IKEA is a global leading home furnishing retailer with its own distribution network that ensures an effective supply of millions of cubic meters of IKEA products worldwide. IKEA distribution service is one of the key components within IKEA supply chain.
Distribution Service Asia Pacific
With the movement of the head office from Singapore to Shanghai in July of 2007, IKEA Distribution Service Asia Pacific (DSAP), has undergone a rapid expansion, growing from 70 co-workers to over 600 co-workers nowadays. Today with 4 distribution centres located in China, Australia and Japan. IKEA DSAP support 35 IKEA stores in Asia Pacific and support the export of millions of cubic meters of IKEA products to more than 400 destinations globally.
Our mission is to make IKEA product and range available for the customers by distributing it in an efficient way, with the right quality and accuracy, at the lowest possible cost and environmental impact so as to help fulfil our vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people!
Purpose of the Job:
Break down the overall Supplying Strategy, on a goods flow perspective, into action within DS Operations for the short and mid term.
Supply the local stakeholders – on both Store Distribution and Customer Distribution side – with accurate goods flow plans for the agreed time horizons, and steer the goods flow, as a background to secure the proper capacities through time so to reach target availability to the customer at lowest possible total SC cost.
– Be familiar with ERP; experience in Netsuite or management is perfect
– Prepare test case and test scenarios for system integration testing (SIT).
– Train end users and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
I contribute in supporting availability at customers and efficient SC operations (with specific focus on DS ones, and for both Store and Customer Distribution ) by:
• maintaining an optimal flow steering set up
• providing accurate flow and capacity plans to DS operations (EU: short and mid term. NA, AP: as EU + long term)
• Contributing to maintain and develop further the local distribution strategy together with DS global and main local stakeholders
• yearly performing the distribution Network Capacity Plan for my Region, so to secure best long term logistic set up in my Region (NA, AP only)
• supporting operations in any exceptional situation re: flow, stock and capacity (e.g. supply problems, unexpected peaks, etc)
• gathering, processing, analyzing and sharing goods flow information, analyzing trends, identifying possible risks and proposing actions to prevent
• evaluating different goods flow scenarios
• following up the actual goods flow, stock and order lines on the needed detailed and/or aggregation level
• participating in local and/or global projects in the Supply Chain area
• participating in various Competence Networks, Super User forums in the goods flow area
• developing working methods, tools, addressing needed system requirements and contributing to systems improvement so to secure continuous improvement do Distribution and to the SC
for all tasks above, cooperating with defined SC stakeholders and/or with support from DS
F&CP Matrix so to secure that the best total result for the SC is reached.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
• Service level achievement (goods availability)
• Accuracy of the short, and mid term planning, including summer peak prediction (for NA; AP: + long term planning)
• Total distribution cost (including re-steering, clearings etc), with the aim of reaching lowest total SC costs
Last day to apply
April 20, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to: Penny Ao