IKEA is a global leading home furnishing retailer with its own distribution network that ensures an effective supply of millions of cubic meters of IKEA products worldwide. IKEA distribution service is one of the key components within IKEA supply chain.
Distribution Service Asia Pacific
With the movement of the head office from Singapore to Shanghai in July of 2007, IKEA Distribution Service Asia Pacific (DSAP), has undergone a rapid expansion, growing from 70 co-workers to over 600 co-workers nowadays. Today with 4 distribution centres located in China, Australia and Japan. IKEA DSAP support 35 IKEA stores in Asia Pacific and support the export of millions of cubic meters of IKEA products to more than 400 destinations globally.
Our mission is to make IKEA product and range available for the customers by distributing it in an efficient way, with the right quality and accuracy, at the lowest possible cost and environmental impact so as to help fulfill our vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people!
Fast Track Program Background
DSAP is under Multi-Channel transformation and entering new markets.
Our business will continue to grow 2020 and onwards!
The growth agenda requires strong leadership to lead our organization with broad IKEA Supply Chain understanding and strong customer centric mindset, so we could achieve our business success through people!
About the position:
The program is to strength DSAP function/logistics unit management team’s succession plan in next coming years.
After 20-24 months assignment rotation and one on one mentor ship support, participants will be ready to take on logistics unit/function management team or similar level positions in DSAP.
Your tasks will include:
1) 3 assignments in core logistics functions across the region during 20-24 months
Logistics unit operation
Operation with customer focus
2) leading or contributing to projects based on business need and capacity
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
– IKEA Value fit
– Passion and potential to develop into DSAP function management positions and drive business
– 3+ years experience in logistics/supply chain/Retail industries
– Excellent communication in English
– Mobility across dynamic countries in Asia(China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India)
– Proven leadership, project management or contract negotiation/supplier management skills is a plus
Last day to apply
April 20, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to: Penny Ao