As a global leader in power and automation technologies, we enable our customers to generate, transmit and distribute electricity efficiently while working to increase productivity in industrial, commercial and utility operations all around the world. If you’re looking for work with a purpose, challenging global projects and a chance to shape tomorrow’s technology, get onboard and let’s write the future together.
As a Project Manager, you will be part of the Power Grid (PG) Division and Grid Automation Business Units (BU) based in Beijing. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
- Project leadership: Leads the project team, establishes the project execution approach and oversees project hand-over, execution planning, and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Planning and scheduling: Defines, jointly with Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- Project execution and control: Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyzes and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Contract, claims and procurement management: Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures all required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supports Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Stakeholder relations: Acts as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE): Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- People leadership and development: Coaches and provides feedback for project staff.
- Processes and tools: Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- People leadership and development: Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry level engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of project execution.
- Availability to travel domestic and oversea.
- Knowledge of related engineering tools and software required to accomplish his task (AutoCad, Office 365).
- Good communication, Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be precise, organized, flexible & autonomous.
- Result oriented, independent and flexible having the commitment to the business.
- International culture awareness, ability to communicate and collaborate within global team and with international partners.
Sounds interesting? Apply here!