As a global leader in power and automation technologies, we enable our customers to generate, transmit and distribute electricity efficiently while working to increase productivity in industrial, commercial and utility operations all around the world. If you’re looking for work with a purpose, challenging global projects and a chance to shape tomorrow’s technology, get onboard and let’s write the future together.
As a Sourcing Engineer, you will be part of the Industrial Automation Division and Marine & Ports Business Units (BU) based in Shanghai. ABB is the World leader in Industrial Automation (IA) division delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide to meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.
Your Tasks as a Sourcing Engineer will include the following:
- Primary task: Search, assess, qualify, develop & manage component suppliers to support the operation of the plant.
- Benchmarking and assessment of current and potential suppliers in terms of supplier’s technical competence and commercial risks.
- Obtain quotations and conduct cost analysis, negotiate best terms and conditions for the materials in charged.
- Award purchase order and follow up the product qualification process.
- Establish partnership and long term supply agreement for key materials with key suppliers.
- The owner for supplier’s overall performance, monitor supplier’s performance and drive continuous improvement in terms of quality, delivery on time, logistics and costs.
- Market research for the market trend and price indexes to ensure the business continuity and profitability.
- Report supplier’s performance in the areas of quality, delivery, cost, logistics and spend etc.
- Secure the production capacity at suppliers for company needs.
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering or related field coupled with 3+ years of Sourcing or Supplier Quality experience in Heavy industry.
- You should have Hands-on sourcing experience in casting, forging, welding, machining or other heavy machinery components.
- Previous working experience within marine industry, such as shipyard, marine design house and marine equipment suppliers provides advantages.
Sounds interesting? Apply here!