We have one common vision at the IKEA Group: to help our customers enjoy a better everyday life at home. With over 700 million visitors to our stores and over 1 billion visitors to our website every year, we take our vision very seriously.
When you work with us, you’ll join a diverse group of co-workers in 43 countries who value working together. Since IKEA was founded over seven decades ago in Sweden, our core values have not changed. No matter where you work, you’ll be part of an open and inclusive culture in which you can be yourself. We believe in mutual respect and want everyone to feel welcomed to contribute their unique experiences and ideas. At IKEA we always do our jobs knowing that we can achieve great things when many people work together.
About The Position
To fulfill needs of fast business growing demand, we are looking for high potential candidates who are willing to work in different cities. You can learn and perform at very good platform with solid development plan to get ready to take key management role within 12 to 18 months.
ABOUT THE JOB
The position as a Deputy Store Business Navigation & Operation Managers is in Hefei, Anhui. In the challenging job you use the knowledge of IKEA and local market to work together with the management group and the team, in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way to steer the store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values.
Your tasks will include:
- Partner with the Store Manager in co-ordinating the Management process. Ensure that the store is steered towards common IKEA objectives and executes the commercial direction in an efficient and effective way.
- Provide directions and lead the team to take multidimensional approach to steering the business in order to achieve growth and sustained long term profitability with our customers in focus
- have the full overview of the Profit & Loss (P&L) for the store and understand how different actions impact the different lines in the P&L
- work with the Management team to lead the staff planning process within the store.
- negotiate cost effective contracts with external service providers
- Safety and security – ensure that the rules and guidelines from the IKEA Group Risk Manual and country legislation are implemented and monitored
- Property and maintenance – ensure the store is in shape as new by managing maintenance and property. Secure that our investments minimise the environmental impact and that consumptions
- ASR/Admin., Rules & guidelines and Local Routines – ensure that the managers understand and agree on expectations and standards within their teams regarding routines and regularly follow up on these.
- Cash administration and Accounting – Responsible for accurate administration in accordance with the legal framework in our country and the IKEA financial rules.
- IT – ensure we are in-line with IKEA standards and have the appropriate approved tools in place to maximise productivity and efficiency.
- Recovery – effectively managing the recovery department to achieve the best balance between ASIS sales and costs, in-line with the IKEA commitment to being a responsible company when it comes to sustainability.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Previous management experience in a financial/commercial role with proven analytical and numerical skills
- Understand the profit and loss and how to affect its result through actions
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets, provide clear direction and following up goals
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions and take commercial decisions based on this information
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a larger team
- Ability to prioritise and organise my work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Experience of adapting to different styles of working to get the best out of all the team (situational leadership) Experience of adapting to different styles of working to get the best out of all the team (situational leadership)
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Sounds interesting? Apply here!