The Embassy of Sweden in Beijing is now looking for a candidate who would be able to take up the challenging task as Communications Officer for its Public Diplomacy, Press and Communication section (PDPC). The position is a fixed-term starting as soon as possible.
Sweden’s Embassy in Beijing is one of Sweden’s largest missions. The business is broad with a variety of areas of work such as political and economic monitoring and reporting, science and research, energy issues, defense cooperation, customs cooperation, promotion, cultural diplomacy, public diplomacy and communications, administrative and consular matters. At the Swedish Embassy in Beijing, we value differences, promote gender equality, and oppose discrimination to better enhance the organization’s skills.
The section of Public Diplomacy, Press and Communication is responsible for promoting Sweden and Swedish interests and values. The section is also responsible for traditional and social media as well as promoting Sweden as a study destination.
• Contribute to The Embassy’s Public Diplomacy efforts and Sweden promotion and communication projects
• Responsible for updating the Embassy’s official website and social media account(s)
• Produce text, images and video content as part of the Embassy’s Communication work
• Coordinate education and study promotion activities and liase with alumni network
• Inform about the Embassy’s work and respond to incoming request about Sweden and the Sweden’s presence in China
• Establish and maintain close cooperation with journalists
• Provide communication support to all sections and staff at the Embassy
• Liaise with Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Swedish Institute in Stockholm
Professional and personal qualification
• Excellent knowledge and experience of creating content for and managing various social (Chinese) media channels
• Experienced in managing events and projects including budget management
• Strong analytical and report writing competency and capacity
• Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese. Knowledge in Swedish not a must but an advantage
• Knowledge of and interest in web design and publishing, graphic design and photography/video content
• Experience and knowledge of the traditional media and social media landscape in China
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative, flexible and capable of working independently and in group
• Experience in or knowledge of Sweden
What we offer
• Full-time (39.45 hours/week) position based at the Embassy
• Varied and dedicated international work experience within a multicultural and open setting in a small and dynamic team
• Inspiring professional and personal development
• Individually set salary based on qualifications and work experience
• Probationary employment will be applicable for the selected candidate
Contact for information etc
• Your application should be in English and include a CV and personal application letter.
• Please provide contact details of two reference persons. As we do not return applications, please do not send any original documents
For more information please contact Head of Public Diplomacy, Press and Communication André Mkandawire, reachable by phone: +86 186 11773834
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 May 2019.
For more information about the embassy, please visit: