EF is seeking a motivated, highly organized leader to manage operations for our international freelance online teaching center. With a mission to open the world through education, EF Education First was founded in 1965, with a focus on language, academics, educational travel, and cultural exchange. EF’s Online Teaching Centers are located globally to service our global customer base and provide live teacher-led ESL lessons on our online platform our 24 hours a day.
The Freelance Worldwide Teaching Center is a critical Online Center with a high growth trajectory. As Center Director, you will be responsible for center operations and lesson production including scheduling and operational KPIs, maintaining the high standards of the services provided and cost/budget management. Instructors are independent contractors and work remotely from locations throughout the world.
- Manage and develop a strong operations team to ensure teachers are well-supported and day-to-day trouble-shooting is carried out effectively.
- Continual improvement of center production with optimized operational/scheduling efficiencies and commitment to meet and exceed production targets.
- Close cooperation with global contracting and academic teams to ensure recruitment goals and academic standards, as well as other operational KPIs, are achieved.
- Management of projects to improve operational systems and processes.
- Embody EF core values and set a service-oriented, collaborative culture within the team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field, master’s degree or coursework in business is a plus.
- 5+ years’ work experience in an operations-oriented field, with at least 1 year in a management position. Experience with supporting a remote work force or working with independent contractors is a big plus.
- Detail oriented, very proficient in Excel and able to do some basic quantitative analysis.
- Advanced IT knowledge is not required, but the ideal candidate is tech-friendly and enjoys developing his/her knowledge in this area.
- Track record of conceptualizing and carrying out process and system improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with an ability to work well with a culturally diverse teacher pool.
- Passionate about and capable of running an independent organization, with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize business critical issues in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal skills.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com