Do you have a passion for business relations and want to develop your skills? We are now looking for 2 motivated interns to join SwedCham’s Beijing and Shanghai office respectively during autumn 2018 either on part- or full time.
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China is an independent, non-profit member organization, network and platform for Swedish businesses and decision makers in China. The Chamber regularly arranges activities for its members such as seminars, workshops, social activities and other network opportunities. The Chamber is a part of the local team Sweden effort together with the Embassy in Beijing, the Consulate General in Shanghai, Business Sweden and Visit Sweden, and works to build a stronger Swedish community in China.
The purpose is for you to get integrated in the daily work, and get an insight of how a foreign Chamber of Commerce operates. In October 2018 SwedCham will celebrate 20 years of doing business in China and will arrange a gala dinner for SwedCham’s members. Preparing for this celebration will be one of the main tasks in the beginning of the internship.
• Be a part of the preparations leading up to the 20-year’s celebration
• Preparing, marketing and executing events
• Maintaining and managing SwedCham’s social media sites; LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
• Writing articles, briefs and press releases
• Designing SwedCham’s marketing collaterals, e.g., event posters, flyers, web banners etc.
• Assisting office management in daily work
• Internships last for 4 months’ minimum starting September 2018
• Excellent command of business English. Swedish and Mandarin are highly meritorious
• The candidate should have a legal right to intern in China. This means that you are required to be a student holding an X2 visa, enrolled at a Chinese university pursuing a degree within a relevant field, e.g. Economics, International Business, Political Science, Law etc. And that you are able to get a permit from your university that allows you to do out of campus activities. We also accept students that are enrolled at a Swedish University and have an internship semester included in your program.
• Strong writing skills, good understanding of social networking sites as well as a passion for the web and digital marketing is required
• Knowledge of Adobe CS4 (Premiere PRO, Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5) or InDesign is an asset
The internship is unpaid. You are required to have a valid insurance during the time of the internship. Interns are responsible for finding their own housing.