The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with close to 300 Swedish and Sweden-related member companies, officially recognized as foreign chamber by the PRC.
Our mission is to advance our members’ business interests through Networking, Information and Advocacy. To that end, our activities include events, seminars, closed-door dialogues, surveys, reports as well as top-level meetings.
Furthermore, we aim to improve Sino-Swedish business ties and promote the Swedish brand through the Team Sweden collaboration with among others the Swedish Embassy and Consulates General, Business Sweden, etc. .
Tuning in to changing trends, the Chamber has recently initiated a modernization process throughout the organization to review all aspects of our operations. This work is expected to be in the focus for the coming years and span from activities, to communication, brand and culture.
The Chamber’s is headquartered in Beijing, with local representation in Shanghai.
More information can be found on www.swedcham.cn.
To our Beijing office, we are looking for an Office Manager with innovative potential to take responsibility for the Chamber’s activities and strategic development at a regional level – in line with the Chamber’s modernization efforts and in close collaboration with the General Manager.
The position includes relationship building, creative thinking and initiative, as well as administrative and managerial duties. The ideal candidate will also receive freedom to further develop the role.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Manage the Beijing office’s day to day operations and financial result.
- Propose and implement new ways of engaging with existing members, and be proactive in attracting new members.
- Coordinate high quality events (open-door seminars, closed-door dialogues, training programs, after-work events, gala evenings, etc.) together with staff.
- Coordinate the coverage of Swedish, Chinese and international business trends.
- HR responsibilities for 2-3 staff, including development and performance review.
- Preparing material for Chapter meetings approximately 8 times per year.
- Representing the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in meetings with members and partners.
To be successful in the position, we believe that you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree within the fields of economics, international relations, marketing or related.
- Are Swedish and/or have strong ties to Sweden.
- Have a passion for business and international relations.
- Are hungry to develop both yourself, your position, and your organization, with a track record of achievements.
- Have experience from managing small teams, including recruitment and staff development.
- Have experience from organizing events, from small seminars to large dinners.
- Feel at ease with people at all levels and from all backgrounds. You are a natural networker.
- Have experience of working in or with China. Being currently based in China is meritorious.
- Speak and write impeccable business English. Swedish and Mandarin are highly meritorious.
The position is 80% of full-time year round, 50% in July-August, in accordance with local employment standards and regulations. Costs for visa issuance to be supported by the Chamber.
Remuneration based on local standards and experience.
Apply by July 28, 2017 to martin(at)swedishchamber.com.cn.
Applications are reviewed continuously.
Start date at the latest September 1, 2017.