The Royal Danish Embassy and the other missions in China are looking for a highly motivated and skilled person who can undertake the job as daily manager of the Account Team China (ATC). The position will be connected to the administrative teams of the Danish Missions in China.
Account Team China (ATC) is responsible for providing financial and other services to the five Danish missions located in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing and Taipei. You will be in touch with the entire organisation and part of a dynamic and multicultural working place consisting of around 150 employees from both Denmark and China and as such gain insight into financial management in the international environment of a mission in the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As daily manager of the team your main focus will be ensuring quality in financial controlling and reporting as well as adequate knowledge sharing, motivation across the team as well as smooth relations with all line functions in government affairs, consular and visa affairs and the Trade Council China (TCC). You will liaise regularly with the management and administrative teams at the missions, structure regular team meetings and project group meetings, coordinate the work among the team members, solve issues and make sure the integration process between missions on the financial area is moving forward.
The ATC is responsible for a range of centralised tasks across missions, including
- Quarterly financial statements and reconciliations
- Payments, follow up on debtors and creditors
- Identify efficient work processes and controlling mechanism
- Support on developing operational statistics, including but not limited for trade council and visa cases
- Train and support staff in the use of the financial systems and the customer relations system (CRM).
- For the smaller missions, ATC also handles local tasks.
The ATC is a crosscutting shared team with team members physically placed in both Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. This position is expected to be located in Beijing, but can be moved to other missions depending on the right candidate.
We can offer you a challenging and interesting job in an informal international multicultural organisation.
- Accounting experience from either education or previous employment
- Good managerial characteristics to motivate the team
- Good cooperation skills, both with others teams and with management
- Fluency in Danish and English. Chinese is an advance but not a must
- Are flexible with a service minded and positive attitude
- Like to teach, train and explain
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel (preferably on higher level)
- Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) or other accounting systems
- A methodical work approach, work independently and self-driven, discretion
- Knowledge of government accounting rules and regulations is an advantage
Send your resumé and cover letter ASAP and no later than 16 March 2018 to: email@example.com Please note “Financial Controller – ATC” in the subject line.
If you have questions about the position please contact the Administrative Team Leader of the Danish Embassy in Beijing Ms. Bibi Berggren Jensen, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or the present ATC daily manager, Mr. Søren Nedergaard, phone +86 130 5186 5330 or e-mail email@example.com
The chosen candidate must present a “Non-Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
The Danish Embassy emphasizes equal opportunities for all and applications from qualified persons are welcome regardless of race, sex, religion or disability.