Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry. Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions with about 95,000 employees, production in 18 countries and sales in about 190 countries. Imagine yourself working in a company where your voice is heard and your ideas really matter.
The Commodity Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his segments. He/ She is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management Core Responsibilities
- Main scope is Electrical commodities, Battery, Starters, Alternators, etc, support Japan UD trucks
- Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers.
- Responsible to optimize sourcing activities together with the Project Buyer & the Segment Leader
- Responsible to secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy.
- Responsible of the supplier recommendation in Sourcing Board including Business case, and agreement management
- Support Project Buyer when needed
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL…)
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Perform hand-over to Uptime buyer when parts are phased out of production for non-revenue parts.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Knowledge of Financial analysis, Cost Management, Production & Supply chain and technology
- Business acumen, MS Office
- Business, Engineering or related field and or equivalent experience
- Strong team player, self-starter and the ability to take initiatives
- Strong experience of working for Automotive or related company
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Contract Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree(advanced)
Language Skill Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Sounds interesting? Apply here!